Can I Get Lipo and B12 Injections in my Stomach Every Week?

B12 injection and liposuction

+1

I do not know if there is any benefit to weekly B12 injections for a patient after liposuction, but I highly doubt it.

Weekly injections into Liposuction treated areas.

+1

There are no documented benefits to weekly injections of B12 but if you are intent on this therapy avoid injections into liposuction treated areas as this may interfere with absorption.

Liposuction and weight loss

+1

Liposuction is excellent for body contouring, but poor for weight loss.  It is not intended as a weekly treatment, but you likely already know this.  B12 injections are often marketed for weight loss, but studies indicate that it does not lead to weight loss.  It is given often by medical practitioners, but most people are not deficient in B12.

Good luck!

Jason R. Hess, MD

B12 injections and liposuction

+1

You might have meant to ask if it is OK to have liposuction once and then follow it with weekly vitB12 injections. If your doctor is indicating you are to get Vit B12 shots, let your surgeon who will do or had done the liposuction OK for someone else to inject you. You don't want to introduce possible infection in an area that was operated by not using clean aseptic technique when having the B12 shots.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipo and B12 Injections in my Stomach Every Week

+1

Please let the stomach heal before weekly shots of B-12. There are no weekly lipos that work. Be careful out there. Best regards from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Lipo and B12 Shots

+1

A litte more information would be helpful to answer your question.  You should discuss the B12 shots with your doctor.  As for weekly lipo, if you are referring to liposuction, weekly treatments are never indicated.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Injections and Lipo

+1

You can get the B12 in another spot for a month or so. It doesn't have to go into the belly.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

A better question is why are you getting vitamin B12 shots every week?

+1

Dear Austin5218

The Mayo Clinic and other medical authorities have not found any evidence that vitamin B12 shots having any effect on weight loss.

What are legitimate reasons that someone might need vitamin B12 injects?

Some individuals have difficulty absorbing vitamin B12 from their gastrointestinal tract usually after gastrectomy, or after resections of the small intestine.  There is also a small number of individuals who have malabsorption syndromes.  Vitamin B12 deficiency results in very specific types of anemias.  For these individuals, vitamin B12 needs are more than adequately addressed with once per month injections of vitamin B12.