Compression Garment After Liposuction - Can I Substitute with Another Garment or Back Brace?

The compression garment supplied by the office is rough and uncomfortable, I do not have it too tight but its driving me crazy and is itchy. I know compression is important is it ok if I wear a back brace, it covers my entire area treated (lower abdomen and flanks) and is much softer and more comfortable. I also have tight girdles would that be ok as well, thanks

Garments after surgery

+1

If the garment given to you by the doctor's office is uncomforatable, I would talk with someone inthe office to see what other options you have.

Garments for post liposuction

+1

You can use a different compression garment after liposuction surgery, however I recommend you have your surgeon check it out to be sure it is enough compression in the right places.

Compression after liposuction

+1
The compression delivered by garments after liposuction helps minimize bruising and can make visible swelling less. Some patients feel more comfortable after compression but if the garment is uncomfortable then try a different one including store-bought compression undergarments.

Compression Garments Important. But Can Be Any Kind

+1

With regards to compression garments after liposuction, it really doesn't matter what kind they are, as long as they provide compression.  Whether it is back brace, girdle, spanks, etc. makes no real difference.  You just want it to be firm and provide compression to the desired areas.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments not necessary for most liposuction patients.

+1

Hi.

We have found that if you wear compression garments, you will look better one week after liposuction.  But at  3 weeks, you look the same with or without garments. So we seldom use them.

Many patients find Spanx helpful and comfortable.

Using Comfortable Compression Garment after Liposuction

+1

Regarding: "Compression Garment After Liposuction - Can I Substitute with Another Garment or Back Brace?
"

Gentle uniform compression after liposuction reduces swelling and helps direct healing uniformly. It is disappointing how some surgeons may be fanatical in addressing every detail of the surgery but delegate the choice and type of a compression garment to others who may be lacking their attention to detail resulting in potential compromise of results.

Liposuction is not a sin and it need not be punished by using self-injuring, penance provoking clothing (hair shirt or cilice-like) compression garment. There is no reason for a surgical garment to be a torture device.

If your surgeon will not provide you with a comfortable compression garment, I suggest either the SPANX or its much cheaper copy the ASSETS (sold at Target). Either one will do the job.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Compression garments after liposuction

+1

It is important to find a garment that provides smooth and gentle compression without excessive gathering which can cuase friction burns or consriction bands that worsen swelling.

Compression following liposuction

+1

Yes.  You can certainly use an alternative compression garment.  The ones supplied to most surgery centers are created in bulk and fit a broad range of sized.  Spanx is a brand available at many department stores and may be more comfortable.

Compression garments after liposuction

+1

I do believe compression is important after liposuction, but the type of compression isn't.  So you can use a waistbinder or SPANX or any other girdle-type garment you wish.  Be sure that all the treated areas are actually compressed.

Compression garment after liposuction.

+1

Yes you can substitute a girdle or other garment that holds the tissue in place. I have our patients use spandex for this purpose,