Do You Need a Lot of Protein After Liposuction?

HI again! It's been about 2 months since I had lipo for my lower abs and a little from my neck. Like said before, I was never fat, in fact im really lightweight for a male weighing only 128 lb. Just wanted to rid of some stubborn fat. Well my stomach still looks the same, while my neck's skin got more loose. (Oh, and I'm still young too, in my 20's, and I don't smoke or drink haha) I'm a vegetarian so don't get a whole lot of protein like others do. Can that cause bad results?

Liposuction diet

+2

Protein deficiency is quite rare in this country.  The needs of a normal adult are roughly .8 milligrams per kilogram per day.  This need can easily be met by vegetarians and omnivores alike.  The protein requirement is increased during trauma and major surgery.  You vegetarian diet is extremely unlikely to affect your liposuction results in an adverse manner.  Good luck. Hope this helps.

Jason Hess, MD

Vegetarian should heal well after liposuction

+2

Normal protein consumption is often accomplished by vegetarians and protein deficiency would have to be considerable to interfere with healing after liposuction. Ensure your vitamin C consumption is adequate as collagen production, which is needed for good healing, requires vitamin C levels to be sufficient (speak to your physician and don't take excessive amounts).

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bad lipo results attributed to poor protein intake

+2

It is unlikely that this is the cause of your bad results. Only severe cases of protein malnutrition will wound healing be impaired.

Liposuction and protein

+1

Eating a balanced diet is most important. As for you results I can not say because I do not know what exactly was done and how much was removed.

Protein and liposuction

+1

From your description the amount of lipo was not that great and the loose skin was probably not due to a protein deficiency.So taking extra protein will not cause your skin to magically contract.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon