Does Laser Lipo Work for Pubic Fat and Under the Chin?

I dont know if it would be best with laser lipo or traditional liposuction? thanks

Liposuction gives great results for Pubic area and Neck/Jawlines.

+2

Liposuction does great for most necks/jawlines and pubic areas and can be done under local anesthesia easily for about $5000 with no stitches nor ugly scars.  Back to work in 1-2 days and drive yourself home.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for chin and pubic area

+1

Tumescent liposuction is the gold standard for removing fat from many parts of the body including the chin and pubic area.  Laser liposuction has gotten a lot of marketing hype and it's not clear if there's any advantage to using it over traditional tumescent liposuction.  Many comparison studies performed by experts in the field have shown that there's no difference between traditional and laser liposuction.  There are greater risks associated with laser liposuction because it creates heat under the skin and if the surgeon is not careful they can easily burn a hole thru the skin.  I have seen these kind of complications caused by even some of the most experienced surgeons.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser lipo as well as tradiional lipo will work for localized fat of the neck, chin and mons pubis

+1

Laser lipo as well as tradiional lipo will work for localized fat of the neck, chin and mons pubis. However, neitiher will be adequate if the the skin is sufficiently lax.  

With or without laser lipo, liposuction using local anesthesia best

+1

Liposuction using local anesthesia only (tumescent lipo) works best.  Laser lipo simply incorporates the use of a laser with this technique.  The use of a laser may or may not provide an advantage.  There are no studies that prove a clear advantage, but, intuitively, it makes sense that laser lipo may help tighten skin a bit more than traditional liposuction.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo for chin and pubic area

+1

Liposuction certainly can be performed on the pubic region and the chin.  Laser lipo is fine and so to is traditional.

Tumescent Liposuction tried and true- the gold standard

+1

I have performed Tumescent liposuction under the chin and in the pubic area (called the mons pubis) many times and found it works extremely well with little to no post op pain and no more than a few days off work.  I am not a fan of laser liposuction because it is perfomed too deep in the fat to cause any collagen shrinkage (skin tightening) and if performed close to the surface would cause ridging.  Good luck!

Julie E. Voss, MD
Kirkland Dermatologic Surgeon

Under chin and suprapubic liposuction

+1

Conventional tumescent liposuction works beautifully well in these areas. Both smart lipo and tumescent liposuction can shrink the fat under the chin in the neck and the skin may leave some crinkly vertical lines with either technique, fortunately these are seen only if someone were to look up at you from below your neck.

Ronald Shelton, MD

SmartLipo excellent choice for liposuction of chin and pubic area

+1

Laser Liposuction and specifically Smart Lipo works very well in the chin and public area. However it is important to understand that if there is too much skin in either of those areas, then some skin excision might be needed.  For example if someone has lost a lot of weight laser liposuction probably wont' be enough especially in the pubic area. However, check with your doctor to make sure. I found SmartLipo to be a GREAT technique for liposuction of the neck area.

Hope that helps.

Josh Korman MD

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction or others for pubic fat

+1

It is difficult to say that laser liposuction is the 'best' form of liposuction for any area. It certainly is new and much touted. My opinion is that ultrasound is very good in the pubic area, especially through a belly button approach to hide the scar. I also like traditional liposuction with a syringe in the neck because of the very fine control in this delicate area. Your best bet is to focus on the surgeon rather than any one technique.

peterejohnsonmd

+1

An absolute YES! I love using the Smart Lipo on these areas. Be sure to see a true expert in Smart Lipo for the best result. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091