I Don't See Juvederm Results in Tear Troughs Yet - Does It Take Time?

I had Juvederm placed in my tear troughs due to hollowing. I really saw no difference after. My doctor said he placed it conservatively because Juvederm plumps up more as it absorbs water from the surrounding tissue and that it would take a week or so before I would see full results. Do you agree with this? It's been a week now and still see no real improvement. He used one vial for both eyes. I had no bruising or swelling. Do I need more or should I wait a little longer for it to fill out?

With fillers the result should be immediate...

+1

if you were indeed a good candidate for treatment in the first place, one syringe of juvederm properly injected in the tear troughs would be expected to show an immediate change...yes juvederm tends to absorb water and may lead to some swelling over time but it's difficult to imagine a whole vial/syringe wouldn't lead to an immediate change...hopefully for the better...time to go back and have a chat...

Juvederm in tear trough

+1

Your doctor was wise to be cautious in layering filler along the tear trough.  I'll bet you see a difference if you look at pictures of before and after.  Also you may need more filler to get the desired effect.

Juvederm tear trough treatment - You should be seeing results at 1 week

+1

I would agree that your result should be evident at 1 week. Your surgeon was right to be conservative as more can always be added later. I would recommend returning additional filler treatment if you need more volume.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-dermal-fillers/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for tear troughs

+1

Juvederm comes in syringes not vials. By one week you should have your results, usually by a few days. You may require more. It is better to be conservative and add then to take away.