Is It Possible That Juvederm Lasts over 18 Months ?

I've done fillers in my lips before without problems but a new doctor injected Juverderm in the vermilion border of my lips. ( I didn't know the doctor would do that). I hate the weird effect around my lips. I was hoping that after a few months the product would go away but it's being 18 months since then and I still have the lumpy area surrounding my lips. I am wondering if I got something else injected other than Juverderm considering that it is supposed to last less than one year.

How long does Juvederm last?

+1

A Juvederm injection to the nasolabial fold will generally last up to one year.  On some individuals I have seen it last longer and on others not as long.  It all depends upon the rate at which your body metabolizes the product.

How Long Does Juvederm Last?

+1

Extensive trials and reports have shown that Juvederm typically dissolves within 6 months to one year after injection. However, anecdotally, many patients have reported feeling the substance up to 3 years later. If you are concerned about the appearance of your lips, I recommend returning to your physician and requesting that they use hyaluronidase to dissolve whatever product may still remain.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Juvederm lasts one year or less

+1

While you may have the feeling that the filler material is still there, it is highly unlikely that it really is. Juvederm simply doesn't last that long, nor does any known approved hyaluronic acid-based injectable filler. For the sake of discussion, let us assume it is still there. You have now waited 18 months. Rather than having any hyaluronidase injected into the lips, just give it more time. You have waited this long. Just give it a few more months as it is a self-solving concern.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Juvederm and resorption

+1

Although most variations of juvederm will last between 6 months to one year, in some areas as it is inejcted more superficially will last longer. IT can be dissolved with hylauronidase.

Juvederm can last a long time and can also be injected away with hyaluronidase.

+1

Juvederm can last a long time and if you are not happy with it, it can be injected away with hyaluronidase.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Duration of fillers can vary

+1

Unfortunately, it seems the filler that lasts longest is the filler put in the wrong spot. Juvederm can last 18 months or longer in rare individuals. It can, however, be dissolved by hyaluronidase, if you want to remove it sooner. It is not the best filler for the vermillion border, but it certainly was not "wrong" to place it there. Perhaps it was just too much.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Not happy with Juvederm lip injection

+1

Piece of cake, just get the Juvederm dissolved with hyaluronidase injections. Tell the next injector to plump the lips but not the vermillion.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm in the vermillion border of the lip

+1

Although this is an area that tends to dissolve the filler quickly, it is possible that the result can stay for more than a year. If you are unhappy with the result, it might be worth having hyaluronidase injected into the area to see if it dissolves.

Ronald Shelton, MD