Implants or Fillers for Labiomental Sulcus?

I have a deep labiomental sulcus that even when viewed from the front it makes a big shadow in my chin area. I've been considering chin implants but I realize that they can potentially worsen the problem. Are there any procedures available like permannt fillers or custom implants for this area that can help lessen the fold and smooth this area out? Thanks for your replies!

Fillers or fat augmentation work best in this area

+2

For treating the folds around the mouth and chin I recommend using some type of volume enhancement to "fill" in the fold. Lifting procedures typically do not work well here. I avoid implants having seen enough problems with the older gortex implants that were used in these areas. I prefer to use HA fillers such as Perlane or Juvederm. For a more permanent solution I like fat grafting using the patients own harvested fat.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep labiomental sulcus

+1

A good thing to try out is to use fillers like perlane or restylnae, or juvederm to see how it fills out your sulcus.  Permanent fillers like silicone are frought with problems.