Procedure to Get a More Defined Jawline?

I am in my early 30's, pretty thin/toned throughout my body, yet my my jawline is very undefined. What type of procedure would help give me a more defined jawline to get rid of my cheek and neck almost being in the same plane? When I saw more defined, I don't mean a larger chin in profile, not interested in a chin implant since I'm happy my chin, it's more of the jawline on the sides of my face and going back to near my earlobes.

Jaw Augmentation

+2

Hi,

What you are looking for is a jaw augmentation procedure. The implants are place through an incision on inside of your mouth and secured to your jaw bone. This will give you more definition  at the level of angle of your mandible and jawline.

Dr.S.

Jawlines - the key to the facial shape

+1

you have a 'good eye' and indeed, the 'angle' of the jaw can be enhanced to properly define the jawline. Viewed from the front, the angles of the jaw are even more important to facial shape than the profile view. Implants from materials such as Gortex, silastic and even 'acrylic-style' can be used. BUT you may want to try Voluma from Juvederm to augment the area soft tissue and give you an idea of the esthetic balance you want  to achieve. It lasts up to 18 months and is easily placed by an experienced surgeon. If you don't like it for some reason, enzymes can be used to remove it. This approach is a 'trial' type approach if you are a bit uncertain of the look you want/can achieve. good luck though

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon