How Do You Know if You Have a Ruptured Belly Button Hernia?

I am asking this question for my son. I do not have a picture of his belly.

Hernia Rupture?

+3

Umbilical Hernia Strangulation would be accompanied by severe pain.  If the hernia cannot be pushed back in go to the ER.

Do I Need a Tummy Tuck/ BB Revision?

+3

A ruptured, or perforated umbilical hernia would be accompanied by abdominal pain, fever (after a while) and would likely progress to a critical illness if untreated. He should see him physician for an examination.

How do I know if I have a belly button hernia

+2

There are two ways to know if there is a significant belly button hernia.  That is to have your surgeon feel the area and to have a CT scan.  

Sacha Obaid, MD

Concerns about Umbilical Hernia?

+2

Thank you for the question, but nothing will replace direct physical examination when it comes to providing you with an accurate diagnosis. In other words, have your son's pediatrician examine his abdominal wall;  only this examination will provide you with an accurate diagnosis and/or meaningful reassurance.

Umbilical hernia is an easy diagnosis.

+2

A hernia through the Naval is an easy diagnosis. A visible protrusion exists. The physical examination will reveal the defect in the abdominal wall. If the contents can be pushed back into the abdominal cavity, it is not a problem.