Surgeon Ignoring my Hard and Bulging Lower Abdomen After Tummy Tuck?

Two months ago I had full tummy tuck and lipo. Right after the surgery I felt the shape of my stomach altered. My lower abdomen was protuding and v hard. few days latter bandages came off I was horrified and rushed to my surgeon who assured me it was nothing but swelling. Two mnths latter that hard lump under my belly button up to pubic area is still there. Ultrasound result says, 'large multiloculated debrinous collection of sub cutaneous planes of lower ant. Abdominal wal' plz advise what to do

Multiloculated Fluid Collection 2 Months after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

If this is causing a contour deformity and is large draining may produce some improvement, but, after 2 months, the solution to this problem may be to open the area and remove the cavity.

Hardness and Bulge after Tummy Tuck

+1

Some firmness is normal after surgery. If it is not improving after 2-3 months, discuss your concerns with your surgeon. The ultrasound report may be suggesting an old collection of blood or fluid that may have formed after surgery. This may resolve or if not, may need to be treated. If your plastic surgeon is not helpful, consider a second opinion.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sound like you may have had a hematoma--a collection of blood-- in the lower abdomen, and now it is in a state of resolution. Without seeing a photo of your abdomen or a copy of the scar it is not possible to give specific advice other than to go back to your surgeon with the scan and ask that the findings be explained and a management plan be discussed. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes.