1 Month Post Sliding Genioplasty: Is This Swelling or Permanent?

I had this procedure done 1 month ago and I am very disappointed with the results. My chin now looks way too prominent(it actually sticks out of my face literally!!) I have attached a pic (please see)

+1

Swelling do take several months to resolve. This is a very common feeling after chin surgery. With time you will start to like the result.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after a genioplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have some swelling from 2 to 3 months after a genioplasty procedure depending upon the amount of work that was done. That being said, the frontal view is not sufficient to determine whether or not it is swelling or actually you are too augmented. I would recommend you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sliding genioplasty

+1

A side view would be helpful to evaluate your situation. You will probable have some soft tissue swelling for  6 to 12 weeks. Also over 6 months or so there may be slight bony remodeling. You should wait at least that long before considering the result stable. If after that you are not happy you could consider a revision.

Ernest D. Cronin, MD