Anesthesia for Vaser Lipo?

I'm going to have Vaser Lipo next week. I don't want to feel any pain. Which anesthesia is better for no pain at all and safer for me, local or general anesthesia? Thank you.

Painless Liposuction Anesthesia

+1

Regarding: "Anesthesia for Vaser Lipo?
I'm going to have Vaser Lipo next week. I don't want to feel any pain. Which anesthesia is better for no pain at all and safer for me, local or general anesthesia? Thank you
"

Liposuction IS a surgical procedure and surgery CAN be associated with pain during and after the operation. The ability of the anesthesia technique to confer lack of sensation depends on the EXTENT of liposuction being performed:
- small areas - TUMESCENT (local) anesthesia only
- slightly larger or multiple - Tumescent solution with IV sedation
- larger areas or larger patients (such as yourself) - Tumescent solution under the general anesthesia.

Your surgeon SHOULD be able to pick between all these methods and not be limited to only one way of doing things.

Dr. Aldea

VASER is not your best bet- I would suggest weight loss followed by a Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi there-

I'm not sure what your goals are, but am concerned that for you the procedure planned may not give you the best outcome (no matter what the anesthetic technique).

Better to defer the procedure and get what you want. 

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Anesthetic for Liposuction

+1

Risks of anesthesia are greater for individuals who have a BMI greater than 31 and other diseases. From your picture, it appears that your BMI may be greater than 31 and this makes you less than an ideal candidate for Vaser or general anesthesia.