Lipoma Removal Using Vaser Liposelection?

I saw a local plastic surgeon who uses a Vaser to remove lipomas through what he calls liposelection. It is similar to liposuction but not as invasive.

I have over 100 lipomas to be removed from arms, chest, stomach and back. I do not want 100 scars. This procedure will use about 6 scars. Thoughts? Opinions?

Liposelection for lipoma removal

+1

Liposelection is a form of advertising and impressing you to part you from your money.

If you have multiple small lipomas all over, ther is no way you can remove them by any form of liposuction, laser or any other technology of the day,

See another plastic surgeon that can be honest with you.

Lipoma treatment

+1

Liposelection is a nice marketing phrase used by the company that created the device. Removing lipomas by liposuction may not be a good idea. In order to treat the lipoma adequately it should be excised because liposuction may not remove all the tumor, and it could grow back. Besides, not all fatty tumors are benign, and they should be sent to pathology for evaluation.

Liposuction / Liposelection of Lipomas

+1

I am a long time VASER user and I REALLY hate to let you down but "Lipo selection" is just a marketing term by Sound Surgical, the producers of VASER, to distinguish their process of liposuction from that which is not preceded by VASER (ultrasound fat busting) treatment.

To answer your question directly, it sounds like you have a lipomatosis disorder (?Multiple symmetric lipomatosis, cephalothoracic lipodystrophy, the Launois-Bensaude syndrome, Madelung disease, Familial multiple lipomatosis,Barraquer–Simons syndrome (or acquired partial lipodystrophy), Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba syndrome (BRRS), Lipomatosis Dolorosa or Dercum's Syndrome). As such lipomas will continue developing and to maintain cosmesis, will need to be removed when relatively small and require shorter surgical scars.

THE VASER will be able to break up the fat cells and plane down / "sand" if you will these patty tumors with ultrasonic vibrations allowing the surgeon to liposuction the fatty fluid off. This will NOT get you tissue that could be examined by a pathologist, if this is a consideration AND will assure that the liposuctioned lipomas can come back (recur) quicker than had they been excised completely surgically. BUT - a single incision can reach multiple lipomas and result in nicer cosmetic results BETWEEN recurrences.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea