Vaser Lipo Recovery

I am thinking of having Vaser liposelection done on my inner and outer thighs and also my love handles; howeve, the date I have in mind is only one week before a holiday, is this a bad idea?

VASER recovery can be quick!!

+4

It is possible to be feeling well soon after VASER Liposelection. Those who recover quickly tend to be those patients that are already quite athletic, have only small amounts of fat to remove, and have a high pain tolerance.

In my practice, for the areas that you are mentioning, I will typically advocate for gentle return of activities after 48 hours. With good support garments patients can feel comfortable.

In general, most patients need 1-2 weeks to really feel like that are getting back on their feet. With that said, if you think your holiday is going to be a busy one, I would hold on the liposuction until you have more time to recover.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Vaser liposuction recovery

+2

You didn't mention what you are planning on doing during this holiday. If you are just planning on getting together with family ans sitting around a week is not a problem. However if you're planning on jumping on a plane flying to Mexico for swimming surfing and scuba diving then it is a problem. After vaser liposuction you need to wear a compression garment  a  minimum of one month. This may conflict with any activities you have planned on a vacation. In addition if there are going to be any healing problems these generally come up during the first week. So overall I would say one week is cutting it rather close and I would go ahead and take the holiday and then do the procedure

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Allow more time for recovery from liposuction

+2

Recovery may vary tremendously among different individuals. Furthermore , the extensiveness of this liposuction and the amount of fat removed may also play a role in the recovery process. One week is a very limited anount of time for recovery and in most instances is probably insufficient.

Recovery from VASER® Liposuction

+1

Jenny, thanks for asking a question that, I'm going to bet, many others wonder about. 

Recovery from any procedure depends on various factors. One is the amount of fat that will be treated on the inner and outer thighs. You don't say whether you weigh 120 or 180, or how tall you are. The more fat that is removed, the longer you are likely to be under anesthesia, and that can affect recovery as well. Further, as other physicians have stated, much depends upon whether you plan to be extremely active during the holiday after your treatment.

Here at my Cleveland area plastic surgery practice, I recommend that all my VASER® liposuction patients have regular massage on the treated areas beginning about a week after their procedure. Massage helps the swelling to dissipate, softens the tissues and makes my patients feel wonderful. We all agree that they recover faster with massage treatments as an adjunct to their VASER® liposuction.

My advice is to discuss this with the board certified plastic surgeon who is going to perform your VASER® liposuction procedure. He or she is already familiar with your body size, goals for reduction and can review the activities you have planned during your holiday. One week might well be enough, or it might not be. Have a frank talk with your surgeon and I think you'll feel guided in the right direction.

To your health and beauty,

Dr. Paul Vanek, Double Board Certified Cleveland Mentor OH Plastic Surgeon

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Give yourself time to recover from Vaser Liposelection

+1

Typically, a week would be enough time to get up and around easily. However, surgery is stressful no matter how you look at it. I would advise you to wait until you are not in a rush to recover. Especially if you are trying to keep it to yourself and will be around other people. You will not sit and stand quite the same at a week.

Liposuction will no doubt make you sore. You will still be swollen and sore at a week. Let it be fun, give yourself plenty of time. You would rather be shopping and trying on your clothes than trying to keep a secret and push yourself to be well.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

While it is possible to recover from liposuction within a couple of days, I would think that you are cutting it a bit close.  It is best to give yourself 1-2 weeks to recuperate.