Necessary to Be at Goal Weight Before Having Vaser Lipo?

I am 28 years old, 5'6" and 165 lbs. I am planning to have Vaser done soon,I hope. I would like to lose about 10 pounds to be at my goal weight. Will losing that weight before the procedure make my results better, or is it possible to have Vaser Lipo then lose the weight and have the same results? Would there be a difference?

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

A good liposuction candidate is a patient who presents with diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue isolated to specific areas. These patients are not  looking for a weight loss solution. On the other hand " ideal weight” can be somewhat arbitrary and is not an  absolute criteria in determining candidates for the procedure.

Good skin elasticity is also an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age or gain/lose weight we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure.

It may be in your best interests to seek in person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Is "goal weight" necessary to get best results?

+1

I don't belive that patients need to be at a specific "goal weight" to get the best results from Vaser Liposuction. In your case,  I would do Vaser Liposuction and I feel that I could get a great result. Each patient is an individual and needs to be evaluated in person. There is an upper limit of 15 pounds of fat in one session that most surgeons abide by for patient safety and you are right at that limit. If a patient cannot lose anymore weight, we will divide the surgery into 2 sessions, 2 months apart to be safe

San Ramon Dermatologist

On the importance of being at your "Ideal" weight before VASER lipo

+1

Hi there-

From the limited information I can get from the photo you posted, I would think you are an excellent candidate for VASER lipo...

But this information is very limited, and I would really need to examine you to know for sure...

I think that it is much less important for you to be at your "ideal" weight than it is for you to be in good health, have reasonable goals, and have an examination that indicates your goals can be achieved through the procedure planned. Only a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery can answer these questions, and only after a careful consultation and examination.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Ideal body weight prior to ultrsonic assisted lipoplasty

+1

You are always better to be at your ideal as well as a stable weight prior to undergoing the surgical procedure. According to one formula your ideal body weight at 5'6" would be 135 lbs plus approximately 15 lbs for "a larger frame".