How to Fix a Wide Nose? And Estimated Cost?

I've searched everywhere but cannot find any nose job cases similar to mine. By looking at my pictures, can you tell me how this can be fixed? And if possible, the average cost for this procedure? What bothers me the most is the width of my nose. I'm not Asian and very few people have the nose I do from my country. From the side, it looks fine to me and i don't want to add any length to it. But how would I go about fixing the width?

You may achieve nasal narrowing after well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos:

I agree that your nose is wide on your front-view from top to bottom. You appear to have relatively thick skin as well. The upper and middle of your nose may be narrowed with osteotomies. In my practice, your tip could be narrowed by dividing your lower lateral cartilages, trimming your lower lateral cartilages, and adding support with a columella-strut. Your nostrils may be conservatively narrowed by removing a small wedge of nostril sill at your nasal base.

You may want to consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what you may achieve with well-performed nose job surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to narrow a wide nose.

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and the nose is typically narrowed along the nasal bones, upper cartilages and nasal tip...all or any section that appears aesthetically to wide.  From the pictures, of your nose, your nasal bones are wide and the bones are typically broken along the top and at the sides so thay can be moved towards the midline, narrowing that section.

The upper lateral cartilages can also be narrowed by various methods including sutures that bring these cartilages closer together in the midline.

Lastly, the nasal tip is wide and appears to lack structure and support.  This can be addressed with suture techniques combined with cartilage thinning and possible cartilage tip grafts for added support and definition.

The cost will depend on the experience, reputation of the plastic and cosmetic surgeon you choose as well as the complexity of the techniques required to narrow and thin your nose.  IMHO, it's ill advised to seek fee quotes in any other setting than an in person or telephone consult where you can interact with the Rhinoplasty surgeon while your photos are being reviewed.  Hope this helps.

Ethnic rhinoplasty must still be individualized.

+1

Your nose has several typical characteristics of ethnic noses, but of course every rhinoplasty has different specific goals. In your case, narrowing the nose would most likely require osteotomies (breaking the nose gently and precisely), refinement of the tip to make it narrower, and most likely cartilage grafts to help refine the tip without making it look larger. Other maneuvers, such as alar base reduction (making the nostrils smaller), may also be beneficial.

Of course a thorough history, physical examination, photographs, and review of your goals is necessary before surgery. I hope this helps. Feel free to email any further questions.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a wide nose

+1

Your nose does show features found fairly commonly in non-caucasian noses. This includes having relatively thick skin, a wide nasal base, and underprojected tip.

There are several approaches to improving these various aspects of the nose. The best method(s) depends a lot on what level of changes you are looking for. I find that improving the overall projection of the nose makes the nose appear much less wide. Narrowing the nasal bones can also be done as well. Using cartilage grafting techniques the tip can be refined at the same time.

Costs for surgery vary dramatically based on the region of the country, surgeon experience, length of surgery. Total costs in the $5000-10000 are about average but can be even higher. This isn't an area where I would suggest looking for a bargain, though. This is your face afterall.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Wide nose

+1

Many patients present like yourself where the issue is width and thickness not prominence. Rhinoplasty can narrow your nose from bridge to base. It 's important to discuss with your surgeon how much of an ethnic change you want or don't want . Some faces look better if the base of the nose is left a little wide to maintain a certain look. Price will vary where you live. See several physicians for consults and to see before and after photos of patients like yourself to decide if you like the work. Price is important but this is your face-spend a little more for what looks better to you. Everyone is going to see this result, you can't hide it under your clothes.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide nose

+1

You need medial and lateral osteotomies has well as tip thining to correct this infantile nose. I would prefer to keep the alar base untouched.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty for wide nose and thick skin

+1

Your observations are correct and to treat your nose you would most likely need an open rhinoplasty procedure. You have a wide nasal bones at the base of the nose as well as the dorsum (hump) of the nose. They will require breaking the bones both at the base and at the apex in order to narrow the nose (lateral and medial osteotomies) to treat your tip you will need catilage refining procedures and possible cartilage grafts. You may need narrowing of your ala base as well but hard to evaluate from the pictures as well as your profile ia not seen well on pictures. The price ranges around the country between 5000 to 10000$. You will have to understand that due to the thickness of your nasal tip the refinement results will be limited when compered to a thin skin patient! Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a wide nose

+1
From your photo, your nasal bones are wide, your tip is bulky with poor definition, and yes, your nasal base is wide (and thick). To make your nose thinner, all three areas need to be addressed, otherwise each of the parts will not fit with each other. The nasal bones can be brought in somewhat, the nasal tip can be refined (and may need cartilage grafts for support), and your nasal base can be brought in to make the entire nose appear thinner. Costs vary around the country and may range from $5,000 to $10,000 with all fees/costs included.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery for a wide nose

+1

Even though you are not Asian, you do have the characteristics of an ethnic nose. From the posted pictures, you do have thick skin, a wide nasal vault, a wide tip, and flaring of nostrils. Your nose is also deviated to the left side while the tip is pointing to the right. During rhinoplasty, we can narrow the bridge and straighten the nasal bones by resetting them. A conservative tip sculpturing will improve and slim your tip, while a conservative skin resection from the base of your nostrils will help. Skin care/prep can improve the quality of your skin if you find a professional medical aesthetician. You may find similar patients on our website. Please review our photo galleries. Our surgical fee is $ 4,000.00 & facilty charges around $ 2,000.00

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon