I Am 56, is It Too Late for Rhinoplasty?

I suppose the rest of my face is aging but I have always hated the size of my nose and I feel a reduction would lift my face.

56 year old

+2

No. You are not too old. One of the signs of an aging face is drooping of the nasal tip. This a natural happening not a case of your nose growing.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Not too late for rhinoplasty

+1

There are no hard-and-fast rules for age with regards to rhinoplasty surgery.  If it bothers you, then look into changing it!

Too old for rhinoplasty

+1

There is no reason not to consider the operation if your nose still bothers you.  The procedure has been proven safe in multiple studies and reports. And although the surgeon tends to focus even more than ever on restoring strength to the support mechanisms of the nasal structure, the final result can be subtle, natural, and still refined.  The skin tends to be the limiting factor at this point, since it might not have all the elasticity required to shrink wrap to the detailed cartilage modifications.   However that is something for you to discuss with your surgeon.  Good luck, go for it!

Web reference: http://robertsonplasticsurgery.com

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is 56 to old for Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and have performed Rhinoplasty on patients your age and older who, like you, have always disliked their nose.  Your age is not a barrier....as long as you are healthy enough to have the Rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Too old for rhinoplasty

+1

Not at all. As long as you are healthy there is no reason not to go ahead. I would recommend that you try to keep the result in balance with how your facial features are now and not how they were when you were 20.

Many of my patients who are having face rejuventating procedures such as face or necklifts often have their noses tweaked to keep things in balance.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

No age limit for rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with the others that there is no real cutoff age for rhinoplasty.  I have performed a number of rhinoplasties on women  (and men) in their 40's and 50's.  I'm always impressed how a bit of tip contouring and slight upward rotation (and bump reduction if necessary) can really make patients look younger.  Go for it!

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age for rhinoplasty

+1

There is no specific age limit for rhinoplasty as long as the patient is healthy.  This in some cases may be combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

No age limit for rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can be performed at any age.  It is one of the most enduring procedures.  Your nose can me made smaller and more refined. 

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I too old for rhinoplasty?

+1

Absolutely not! There's no reason you shouldn't have a rhinoplasty, and it will definitely lift your face as you desire. From a shape point of view you have good potential for a finer nose. The biggest issue for you is the potential for worsening your airway. It's really important you discuss this carefully with your surgeon. Your nose shape is one of the higher risk shapes for a poor airway outcome, and being over 50 your skin and cartilage might be soft and have some loss of elasticity. Narrowing your nasal tip and bridge therefore creates some risk of postop internal valve problems which can be prevented by good planning and expert surgery. Have a healthy discussion about this with your prospective surgeon, and then go for it! Good luck.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

56 years old is not too old for a rhinoplasty

+1

At 56 you are not too old for a rhinoplasty provided that what you desire is obtainable surgically (as tissues often become less flexible with time), you have a realistic expectation of the outcome and you are in relatively good health.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com