When Can I Eat After Lip Injections?

What are the aftercare instructions for eating after Juvederm injection into the lips? When can I eat, and does it matter what I eat? I just want to avoid messing up my Juvederm results. Thanks!

It is OK to eat after Juvederm lip enhancement

+3

Juvederm is an excellent choice for lip enhancement as it goes in very smoothly with a natural long lasting result. We use a block with local to numb the upper lip and lower lip if needed as it makes the procedure comforable and allows us to do our best work. I perform all the injection procedures in our practice to make sure we get good results consistently.

The Juvederm is slightly moldable as it is placed but in a very short time it stays just where it is. Our patients use ice for swelling for a few minuets right after the procedure, and as soon as the numbing has worn off can eat as they usually do.

Best of luck.

As soon as anesthesia wears off

+1

You can technically eat immediately after, you may just have trouble with the numbing medicine making it hard to eat without biting your lip or sensing hot or cold foods.  

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and post-op

+1

After lip augmentation, you can really do anything. I usually have patients ice the area if they are susceptible to bruising. If I had to perform a nerve block in which the lip is numbed for the procedure, then they probably should wait a few hours until the local wears off so that they don't accidentally bite their lip or burn the lip with hot liquid.