Massaging Lip After Juvederm Injection

I had 3 injections of Juvederm over 3 weeks and finally have the results I want, except for a couple of bumps on the upper lip. Can I massage them out and/or reshape them? If so, when can I start?

Juvederm injections to the lips - Los Angeles

+1

Start immediately to massage the lips to avoid any uneven areas. Juvederm lip augmentation is an excellent option to contour lips. I perform these very often with amazing results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/cosmetic-dermatology/19/juvederm.aspx

Massaging the Lips after Filler Treatment

+1

Thanks for the great question. When I do any filler treatment, particularly in the lips, I place the filler exactly where it needs to go to highlight or enhance the shape of the lips. During the treatment session, I may massage the area a little to guard against bumps and distribute the product.  Afterward, I always recommend icing the area.  Small amounts of gentle massage at home can help with swelling and evenness in the first 2-3 days, but you have to be careful not to overdo it and change the shape or placement of the product.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/lip-augmentation.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massaging Lip After Juvederm Injection

+1

Many experienced and expert injectors prefer that you not massage or reshape the treated area without discussing with them first. The injector can then guide you on the appropriate massage or request that you come in so he/she can do the massage.

Massage after Juvederm Injection

+1

If placed well Juvederm will settile very nicely with normal use of the mouth.  Thus any asymetries usually will correct over the first week or two. Massaging lips after Juvederm is only beneficial in the first 48 hours. If the bumps are visible or bothersome you may want to return to your physician and discuss your concerns. We see our clients a two weeks to address any of these concerns.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/juvederm-14/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps in Upper Lip After Juvederm

+1

Hi,

Massaging bumps in the lip after Juvederm placement is best used within the first 1-2 days after your injection.  During this time period, you can often smooth out small bumps and spread them evenly in your lips.  If they persist past this period, you may want to show them to your doctor and see if they would benefit from a small amount of hyaluronidase to dissolve them.

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Massaging the lips

+1

after filler injection of any kind it is beneficial to gently massage the lips. This is because anatomically the lips tend to compartmentalize tissue and injected material. This could lead to a lumpy appearence which gentle massaging can help avoid

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massage after Lip augmentation

+1

Massage should begin early, typically within the first 48 hours.  Many of the small lumps you may feel will likely even out over the next few weeks.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/guideto-facialfillers.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Late

+1

Messaging with Juvederm works best within the first 48 hours and to a limited extent for the first week. After that, I am afraid your efforts will be fruitless. 

Your photograph is not clear, but your upper lip appears about 1/3 larger than the lower lip. The reverse should be true.  

If the lumps do not bother you should live with them with the knowledge that the product will eventually dissolve. Otherwise you might return to your physician and have hyaluronidase injections to eliminate the bumps. Sometimes the material can be extruded through a small incision, but anticipate swelling after this manuever. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Lumps with Juvederm

+1

If you are stating that it has been 3 weeks since your Juvederm treatments, any massaging seems pointless and may lead to delayed swelling.  If the bumps are not noticeable but are only felt, you may want to decide if it's bothersome enough to remedy.  If the lumps are something that you want resolved, hyaluronidase injections are a much easier option than extraction.

Always speak with your practitioner about your options, including massaging.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/Celibreblog/post/2008/07/Mouth-and-lip-augmentation.aspx

Massage may work for the first 24 to 48 hours

+1

I always tell my patients that if there is a lumpy area after a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane or Juvederm, they can massage it out over the first 24 to 48 hours. After this time passes, it can often be more difficult, if not impossible, to work this lump out. If this does not work, and you cannot live with the problem, a small injection of hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve away the product. Remember, that all fillers are exactly that, "fillers" and they may be felt a bit...but distinct lumps can be worked out with massage.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon