What Is the Least Invasive Way to Remove the Neck Wattle? (Photo)

all i want is rid of my hereditary wattle could a direct neck lift be a option i am a 60 year old woman i want the least invasive procedure there is.

Least invasive Treatment of Neck Wattle

+2

It is very difficult to tell exactly what would work for you from one picture. If the wattle is mostly fat with the skin pushed out, then liposuction could give you significant improvement with little "invasion." For anything else, the only way to improve the area is a full face/neck lift. Nothing else will reduce the excess skin with a reasonable scar. I have never seen a direct excision scar that I thought was acceptable.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Laser Assisted Weekend Facelift

+1
It is possible that you may be a candidate for what I have termed, "The Laser Assisted Weekend Necklift:" It is a minimally invasive procedure.

Cervicofacial Liposculpture is first employed to contour the unfavorable fatty changes seen in the face and neck as time passes by, such as the ‘Turkey neck’ and ‘double chin’.

Careful attention is then turned to tightening the neck muscles and eliminating neck bands. Finally, I employ laser technology to ‘resurface’ the underside of the neck skin, thereby ‘shrinkwrapping’ the skin of the neck restoring a youthful contour.

A consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon will help determine which procedures will provide the best results for you.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of "neck wattle."

+1
The neck wattle is a combination of excess skin, fat above the platysma muscle and fat below the platysma muscle.  Removing "just the wattle" involves more than meets the eye. It is not a simple procedure, and, in fact, it can be very challenging.  As others have mentioned, a comprehensive face and neck lift is sometimes the best approach. An in-person consultation will give you the best answers so I would encourage you. Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Hereditary neck fat and turkey neck

+1
To rejuvenate the neck, fat must be removed above and below the platysma muscle. In addition, excess neck skin must be tightened. The muscles in the neck must also tightened in addition to removing the jowls that are sagging across the jawline into the neck. A comprehensive face/neck lift  will give you the best result. For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift photo gallery.

Neck lift options

+1

First of thanks for including the photos - it really helps!

Although you would get the best results with a full face/neck lift, you can get a decent result with an inch long incision under the chin a small one behind each earlobe

Sam Naficy, MD

Least invasive way to remove a neck wattle

+1

There are a few options when it comes to treating a neck like yours. Your anatomy would make it difficult to achieve significant results with a minimally invasive procedure. A direct excision of skin and tissue from the midline of your neck is an option but would leave you with a relatively large external scar.

A necklift and facelift would likely give you a better result with much more hidden scars. Liposuction of the neck area can also be done to help with the fullness of your neck; without also tightening the neck tissues with a neck/facelift you would likely end up with persistent skin drooping.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

SmartLipo Triplex may be an option for neck wattle

+1

Removal of the neck fat and skin tightening with a formal necklift will provide the most dramatic and lasting improvement for redundant neck skin and fat.  However, with the advent of new technology such as SmartLipo Triplex, many patients can achieve very nice outcomes with a much less invasive procedure.  Typically, this is done on an out-patient basis, under local anesthesia with minimal downtime.  Results may vary depending on how much fatty tissue is present and the patient's skin elasticity.  I have seen many patients your age that do not want a face or neck lift and have been very pleased with the results achieved with SmartLipo.  Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Non invasive Neck Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Unfortunate, there is no good treatment except for neck/face lifting surgery. However, based on the single profile picture I think you may end up with a very nice result with this surgical procedure.

It may behoove you to be seen by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Facial contouring and correction of facial asymmetry- best approach, #liposuction, #beauty, #breastfeedingandcosmeticsurgery

+1

Dear irish england

Sometimes there is no 'least invasive ' way to acheive good results with facial contouring.  The 'Best' approach is to have a Face and Neck lift- this will give you the best Aesthetic result and the longest lasting result.  Smaller procedures will leave you disappointed.  The difference in risk with a 'full' face lift and a 'neck' lift is minimal as well as the downtime.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

A Direct Necklift Offers The Least Invasive And Most Dramatic Removal Of A Neck Wattle

+1

The least invasive way to remove a neck wattle is with a direct necklift. While it does leave a visible scar down the center of one's neck, it can be a good option for those who are willing to accept this cosmetic trade-off. The scar is less visible in men than women due to less scarring which occurs in beard skin. There is a very minimal recovery with little neck swelling or bruising. No drains are used nor are they any dressings or need to wear a compressive neck wrap.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD