Can Loose Skin from Not Being Told to Wear a Compression Garment Be Fixed?

I had a lower face lift with liposuction of the neck six years ago. I had major swelling and was not told to wear a compression garment. The face lift turned out good but under the chin it looked as bad if not worse than before the liposuction. The skin is really loose and has horrible ridges. Would another liposuction fix the problem if I wore a compression garment this time or would another procedure be recommended.

+1

IMHO, that's unlikely.  Once over 40 years, of age, liposuction of the face and neck alone typically leads to loose skin.  When loose skin is already present, as in your case and more fat is removed, the skin has no recourse but to sag further.  Compression garments are not magic and do not have the power to stop this process.  You would require some type of Neck Lift or modified Neck Lift where the excess skin ir removed.

Compression Garment for Neck

+1

Without before pictures, it is difficult to comment on your results.  If you have loose skin now, then liposuction likely will not be enough.  Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  However, you may want to consider a neck lift or lower face lift to achieve the best results.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Revision neck lift

+1

Your neck could be improved with revision neck lift.  Liposuction alone is not likely to help very much

Sam Naficy, MD

Not wearing a neck lift may not be the only reason you have extra skin

+1

Wearing the wrap is just one reason you could have extra skin but is not the major one. A properly done neck lift is the most important.  A lot of times this just isn't done as well.  liposuction only takes care of the extra fat and is not as thorough as when the defatting is done with a neck lift.  You really have to take out the fat and you should go to someone that has experience taking out the fat without lipo but directly cutting out the neck fat. Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon