How Long Do the Results Last for the Suture Suspension Procedure?

How long do the results last? Have there been any complications reported? Is it the best procedure for minimal sagging at the jawline?

Suture suspension neck lift

+2

Suture suspension by itself is not a very successful procedure and certainly not long-lasting.  However if the suture suspension is combined with surgical fat and muscle contouring the results will be long-lasting

+2

A very short lasting operation. You may get 6 months of "suspension if lucky. Most report a few months of improvement. 

Suture Suspension Procedure Is Short Lived Satisfaction

+1

This procedure has very short lasting results. Most patients only get a few months and usually no more than 6 months of improvement. At that point, most patients have realized that it was not worth the time or money. There are far better procedures for facial rejuvenation and although they are slightly more invasive, their lasting ability usually outweighs that factor. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suture Supension = Waste of Time

+1

I think the previous comments will give you a fairly good idea that suture suspension alone lacks longevity, efficacy, and patient satisfaction.  Watch out for the gimmicks!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suture suspesion results and the longevity will depend on how it is done

+1

Surgeons do it differently and it will depend on how it is done. In general the results are not as long lasting in the original descriptions of these minmally invasive approaches.  But I have seen some surgeons use thes suspension sutures in a traditional face and neck lifting approach. You have to really ask your doctor the right questions to find out what he is going to do.  Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I-Guide suture suspension necklift

+1

The i-Guide suture suspension neck lift is a good option for the younger patient just beginning to show the signs of  aging, and for the more mature patient who wants the maximum improvement in the neck with a short-scar face lift. I find that well-chosen patients in my practice are very happy with this technique.

The demand is increasing for procedures which are less invasive, even if there is a compromise on the overall duration (which is still being determined for some of these less invasive techniques).

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The honest answer IMHO, is too short of a time to make them a viable option.  You should only consider face lifts that dissect, elevate, trim and re-suture the SMAS not simply suturing or using threads to suspend it.