I Need Recommendations on What Size CC to Get For My Frame?

I'm a mother of 2,13 years of gymnastics,28years old,5'5,95lbs,bra size a/32. I will be having a boob job in June

I Can't Decided Between a 400cc Mod Profile or a 450cc High Profile?? They Will Be Silicone

Size Implant for Frame

+1

It is difficult to accurately recommend an implant based soley on this particular picture.  However, some things are evident and that is your skin is thin and you are quite petite.  Therefore, a silicone implant is a good choice. 

As far as the size and shape of implant, it will depend on the size of breast and appearance you are trying to achieve. 

I like to approach breast augmentation from a dimensional approach.  In other words selecting implants which fit your frame.  This is determined by doing measurements of your breast and breast base diameter.  A 400 cc moderate implant will be somewhat wider than the High Profile, less projection (and less upper pole fullness) and less size (volume).  This may be too wide for your frame and give too much lateral fullness and still not be the size you want.  A higher profile implant  may fit your breast frame better due to it being a narrower implant.  It will give you more projection, larger breast and more upper pole fullness (possibly a more "augmented" look. 

Another consideration is an implant style in between these two implants (base diameter).  This is a moderate plus implant.  This will give you some fullness laterally (and cleavage)  and increased projection, but not as much upper pole fullnes as a HP implant.  It may look a little more natural in the upper pole vs a HP.  This is where the "how you want your breast to look" question comes into play,  ie..more or less natural.  Remember as you go bigger, the more un-natural you may look. 

Good luck with your surgery in June,

Best Wishes,

Dr. Brian Joseph

What Size Should You Get: Decisions of Breast Augmentation

+1

Whether you should get a moderate plus or a high profile implant is based on the dimension specifically the width of your chest.  The volume 450 vs 400 depends on the desired look you are trying to achieve.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Better candidate for high profile implants

+1

Dear Steph,

Thank you for your question and picture.  You are a very good candidate for breast augmentation especially with silicone implants.  You have a very petit frame that will require a narrower base width implant.  A 400cc high profile implant placed under the muscle will likely be your best option.   Good luck with your surgery in June.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Choosing implants

+1

Without ane xam it is very difficult to assess what woudl be appropriate for your body.  Your anatomy wil help determine what is best and this also depends upon the elasticity of your tissues as well as the amount of soft tissue coverge you have already.  It is also important to learn your goals of surgery as well.

Breast implant size

+1

For your body size you obviously want large breasts. You are certainly in the right neighborhood for that with the implants you have mentioned. Generally speaking most patients are advised to go with the larger implants once they have the general size category.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

+1

The photo is of no help to answer your question. I recommend 450 HP in most cases. If you desire post a nude photo. 

Picking Implant Size

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Implant Size for you.

+1

Without examining you and knowing your goals, it is difficult to say what would be the best option to achieve your goals.

Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..  Some places have you put bags of rice or implants in your bra – that is normally not very accurate.

I hope this is helpful.