Did I Pick Completely the Wrong Implant Size? They Feel Too Small.

Hi, I am 5'11, 140 pounds, and just had breast augmentation 7 weeks ago. My original goal was a natural looking, well proportioned look that wouldn't interfere with my active lifestyle. My BWD is 13-14 cm. After discussing with my surgeon, we decided on 325 cc mod +. Ironically, I have been depressed with how small my implants look. Was i just way off in picking a size with my height? Am already considering revision to go up to 400-450 cc - do you think thats a more appropriate size for me?

Implants not big enough

+1

In my opinion if you are unhappy with the results of your breast augmentation due to the size implant selected, there is no way an online question and answer will be able to help you especially without being able to see you or a photo.

I use implant sizers during the consultation so my patients can see in a mirror approximately how they will look after surgery and I have found that this method of determining implant size selection has virtually eliminated the size change procedure. I do also use measurements to arrive at a range of implant sizes which should be satisfactory for the individual patient.  Most of my patients who are quite active athletically prefer a more conservative size implant.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment.  Communicate your feelings to your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Choosing Best Breast Implants for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the results of breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately, it would not be a good idea for you to rely on online consultants for advise about the breast implant size to use if you decide on breast revisionary surgery.

Assuming you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals.   This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.