Will the Projections and Width of my Implants Get Smaller As They Drop and Fluff? (photo)

Struggling w/ big implants (400cc & 375cc/silicone unders/mod+/13 days po), but not b/c they're "high & tight. Shape: perfect. My issues: too heavy on bottom, stick out too far (profile) & too wide on the sides. Will this change when they D&F? I've read they get FULLER. That would kill me! It's not a matter of "getting used to" my new size either. I've worn an EXTREMELY padded bra for 2 yrs w/ gel inserts & filled shirts nicely. My new breasts bust out! I really want them smaller! Very unhappy. Revision?

It takes time for breast implants to drop and for swelling to go down

+2

Immediately after breast augmentation the shape is always fuller and higher then it is after a few months.  It takes usually one month for the swelling to start to go down and the implants to start dropping and a full three months for the final shape to be achieved.  It would be inappropriate to change sizes a few weeks after surgery.  The best thing to do is to wait at least 3 months before considering any additional surgery.  Most patients get used to there new size a few weeks to months after surgery and forget how they were shaped before. 

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Great result, be patient

+2

you have what appears to be a very nice result.  It's only been a few days.  there is still a lot of swelling, and the implants will descent a little more.  Wait for 3 months before making any decisions.

Your implant will get smaller as the swelling subsides and they descend.

Will the Projections and Width of my Implants Get Smaller As They Drop and Fluff?

+2

After reviewing the posted series of photos all I can say is WOW! A very very good result, but if you are zoo unhappy than exchange them after 3 months to a 325 cc HP implant. Otherwise allow healing to occur before making another decision. 

Breast implants may not get fluffy

+2

What happens after augmentation is that the skin envelope is challenged by the implant and it takes several weeks for the skin to relax and the implant to 'drop' and feel as one in the breast. Generally the base diameter will expand, and the projection point will drop slightly and the implant may begin to feel smaller as it works in. Your implant is rather full on your chest, and may not get too 'fluffy', though time will tell.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com