Im Gettin 265 Cc Saline Implants This Friday. What Size Do You Think I Will Become? (photo)

I'm getting 265 cc saline implants this Friday. What size do you think I will become?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Breast Implant Size Choice Factors

+1
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will get you the results you desire without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

What cup size will you be after surgery?

+1

The more breast surgery I do, the more I find that it is very difficult to connect a specific implant size to the final cup size of the patient.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..

The best thing is clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.

Implants and size

+1

It is very difficult to assess what cup size you will be after the volume you chose.  Bra companies are all different and measur the cup differently. Most likely it will bump you up a cup and a half.

What size will this make me

+1

it really depends on how much breast tissue you have and the shape of your chest.  Usually this is about a 1 1/2 cup change size  about.  A picture would be helpful

Dan Mills, MD

Implant and cup size

+1

There were no pictures, current cup size and bra size or measurements with your question. If you weigh 100 pounds and have no breast tissue and no fat and are 30 inches around you could end up a D cup. If you weigh 500 pounds and have a 55 inch chest, this will not change your cup size at all.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Postop cup size and implant size

+1
WIthout photos, height and weight, one can't even begin to explore this question, but as a general rule, implants add volume and how that affects your bra size is dependent on a variety of factors including chest width, height, and weight. If you have concerns, now is the time to discuss this with your plastic surgeon in detail.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Your surgeon should know just how you wish to look

+1

The implant size question is number one on this site, and our feeling is you should focus on the look you want, and clearly demonstrate this to your surgeon through photos and trial bras, etc. so you both are certain that you have communicated what is expected. The number will be forgotten, the look you will live with every day.

Breast Implant Size and Breast Cup Size: Two different languages

+1

Breast implant volume is hard to translate directly into a cup size increase. In general, one cup size may equal 150 to 200 cc, though this is predicated on what is on the breast (breast tissue volume) and the patients height and weight. Cup size is hard to translate into implant volume or cc's, as breast cup size is very arbitrary and relates to how your bra is fitted. Your conversation with your board certified plastic surgeon should go over your expectations and the operative plan and implant volume should closely match your expectations. I hope this helps. Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD