Would chin contouring correct my protruding chin? (Photo)

I've always been self conscious of my chin. It's square which really doesn't bother me, but it sticks out, especially when I smile. My nose is also pointy, I have narrow long nostrils and a slight ball tip. Would I get best results with chin contouring and nose reshaping?

Pointy chin

+2
Your facial growth pattern is a main reason for the appearance of your chin. It is likely that the lower jawline is not very 'steep' and so the lower jaw 'points' forward more than downward; resulting in a more prominent chin. As well, often the lower incisors are 'retroclined/upright' and that means the lower lip falls backwards and you see a 'relative prominence' of the chin.

A genioplasty/sliding type to change the overall dimensions of the chin is good; but an orthodontic consultation to examine the overall facial bone anatomy and dental positions would  give a more complete review

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

You're off to a good start

+2
You are wise to assess your nose and chin together. In fact, your nose, maxilla (upper jaw bone), teeth, lips, and chin/mandible all play off each other. 
Deciding which operation(s) to do likewise requires assessing all these structures as a group.  Chin contouring and nose reshaping sounds like a reasonable plan based on your picture and description, but only your surgeon can tell you for sure. As long as your surgeon is taking all these structures into account, you should be fine.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon