Ask a doctor

I have a cleft chin and I don't like it at all. I don't want to undergo something serious. What are my options?

I have a cleft or dimple chin and it doesn't suit me. It's not my bone structure it's like tiny pieces of meat or something. I don't want to undergo something serious I just want to reduce it as much as possible.

Doctor Answers (2)

Try Juvederm!

I would agree with Dr. Eppley regarding recommendations for injectable filler such as Juvederm or Voluma XC. Fat grafting to this area is also a reasonable option for treatment with very little to no downtime.

Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Injectable Chin Dimple Reduction

The simplest treatment for a chin cleft/dimple reduction is either synthetic injectable fillers or injected fat. I would start first with a temporary injectable fillers to be sure you can get the effect you want before proceeding to fat injections.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.