How Many CC's to Go From a B Cup to a Full C / Small D Cup Look? (Photos)

I am about 5'2'' 115-118 pounds I am about a B cup. I want a really a full C small D look. I am deciding between the 397 and the 421 smooth moderate silicone implant. The last photo is kind of the desired look. The first two are clearly my own. I just know that the implant under my sports bra look isnt really what they are gonna be like. Will they look bigger or smaller then that fake simulation?

UPDATE:  while at my consultation i tried on two sizes of Natrelle Silicone Implants a 397 and a 421 how big are the differences and is even the 397 too large for my desired look for my size? -- Thank You!

Implant size to achieve goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant choice

+1

Choosing the right implant for you requires an evlauation inperson and a discussion of yoru goals. It is very difficult to "size you up" in this type of forum. The difference in yoru choice is only 24 cc's and that is less than a shot glass of liquid. 

Breast implant sizing

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

+1

Thanks for posting your questions and photos. In my opinion I recommend always the larger of the 2 choices. Most patient's are unhappy if they chose the smaller. "I wish I would have gone bigger!" is what I hear. Best of luck 

Implant Size,B to Large C Small D, 400cc ?

+1

It is impossible to know for sure what Bra Size you will end up with, Although we normally have a good idea.

Oprah has stated that 50% of women are wearing the wrong Bra.

We strive for the right breast size instead. The implant size you mentioned will probably achieve your desired results, although you need to see what your surgeon thinks as he/she has hopefully sized  100's-1000's of women.

Thx,

MW 

Michael L. Workman, MD

Breast augmentation, implant size

+1

You really should not be the one deciding what size implant you will get, you aren't the one with the experience in doing this procedure. Your surgeon will take measurements of your chest to decide what range of implants will best go with your anatomy and then will probably use breast implant sizers in the operating room coupled with the knowledge from the photos you like to get the best possible fit for you. If your surgeon is leaving the choice up to you, it may be a good idea to get more than one opinion. Any given implant size can have several differnt cup size results in different patients based on their preexisting anatomy.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

How Many CC's to Go From a B Cup to a Full C / Small D Cup Look?

+1

Your final bra size will depend on who makes the bra and who fits you.

As I always tell my patients, we really don't care what the label on your bra shows after your surgery. We DO care that you like what you see when you look in the mirror.

Try on implants in a bra and select the size you prefer. I always suggest adding about 10% to that volume to obtain the desired look.

I also suggest that if you are having difficulty deciding between two sizes, take the larger implant.

Finally, the difference between the two implants your are considering is 24cc - this is roughly two tablespoons!

Don't make yourself crazy over a difference that is barely noticeable.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

What size implant

+1

A more important question is what sized implant is best for your body. that measurement of base diameter of your breast as well as other measurements help guide a surgeon to the best size for you. go onlline and look at results you like on women who started wtih your volume and you should have an idea of size implant. for a woman of your height and weight, 350-375 cc range probably as long as the base width of your breast can take width implant.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

I try not to discuss breast size in terms of 'cup'  There is no standard in the industry for bra sizing.  I have never seen a bra labeled large C or small D.  It is the visual result.  I have my patients bring in representative pictures and combine that with breast measurements to help choose the implant size. 

Based on what you have uploaded high 300's to low 400's should work well for you.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon