Can I Get a Breast Augmentation at 16 Years a Old ?

i know i'm young, but i am extremly unhappy with my breast size. people say that i am still growing but i've been the same bust size sinse i was 12 years old. i got my period at 10 years old and i feel like if i was going to grow anymore i would have done so. i don't want to have huge boobs just normal size so i'll feel more confident with myself. i was just wondering if any surgeon anywhere would perform brest augmentation on me ? or if there is no chance at all of getting this done. thankyou.

Breast Augmentation at 16?

+1

Not a good idea to have presentation at your age.

However,  if you feel that you are dealing with a congenital problem,  it will behoove you to meet with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Can I get a breast augmentation at 16?

+1

I would strongely advice you to wait until your breasts have fully developed. With that said, I have performed surgery on 16 year olds who suffer from severe breast asymmetry and are ridiculed at school.  This is a very different picture however. These patients are accompanied by their parents and a full history is obtained to see whether surgery at this age will be beneficial to the patient.   If at 19 years of age or so your breasts have fully developed and you still want surgery, then consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants at a young age

+1

Holly;

I think that all of the surgeons who have responded to you understand how you feel and they have provided you with good advice. I know that you are frustrated and you feel that you will never develop as much breast growth as you want. It is best to be patient unless you have a significant deformity that would allow a surgeon to correct the problem before you turn 18.

I would be very careful if you find someone who is willing to do your surgery before that time.  If they are not ethical enough to stand  by the FDA guidelines, they may well not be ethical enough to provide you with the care that you deserve. Hang in there, time will pass faster than you think.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation at age 16

+1

Unfortunately, unless you have a congenital deformity or tumor you probably should wait until 18. I have seen many patients who continued to develop into their 20's.

Sorry,

MW 

Michael L. Workman, MD

Teen Breast Augmentation

+1

While reconstructive plastic surgery is sometimes appropriate for girls your age, breast augmentations are generally not appropriate.

Give your mind and body time to continue maturing. As many of the surgeons here have already noted, breast development can continue into the late teens and early twenties so while you feel you need an augmentation now, you may also change your mind later. You definitely don't want to go through breast augmentation surgery now only to go through a removal surgery a few years from now.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Breast implants under the age of 18

+1

Unfortunately, unless you have a congential/developmental deformity, you need to wait until the age of 18.  If you are considering silicone gel implants, then you will need to wait till you are 22.  As others have stated, your breast may still undergo changes and growth even into your 20's. 

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

+1

Unless a true developmental deformity like amastia, Poland's Syndrome you should wait til 18 years of age. In fact it is a standard of care issue to having saline implants before age 18. read the implant companies restrictions on their sites. 

Breast Augmentation at 16 Years a Old ?

+1

I  can certainly understand your unhappiness concerning your breast size.  There are a number of factors to consider however. The first is that your breasts may yet grow as we know that breast development can continue into the late teens and early twenties.  Furthermore, the FDA has approved silicone gel breast  implants only for women ages 21 and older and saline  breast implants for women 18 and older.  Considering these factors I think it would be prudent to wait until you are at least 18   before considering breast augmentation. 

Donald M. Brown, MD

Breast implants under age 18

+1

The fact is that there can be significant breast growth and development until the early twenties, so unless you have a developmental problem with a tuberous breast, or severe asymmetry, you are best to wait things out a bit longer.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast Auug at 16

+1

It may be disheartening to hear that all surgeons are telling you the same thing but it is better for you to wait till you are at least 18.

Raj Chowdary, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon