What is the Dull Ache I Feel in my Breast, 8 Years Post-Op?

I had a saline implant put in my left breast only, 8 years ago. On holiday i experienced searing pain in it when playing in the pool and since i have experienced a dull ache and uncomfortableness in it. there is no change in shape, or in size but it continually aches especially without support. what could this be?

Pain 8 Years After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Based on your description,  you may have experienced a muscle strain but if the discomfort persists ( after a period of rest) you should be seen by your plastic surgeon to rule out issues such as encapsulation and/or breast implant displacement.

+1

From your limited description and without an examination you are describing a "rip" in the scar capsule surrounding the implant. This discomfort can lasts for weeks. Best to see your surgeon or another PS in your area, just to be safe. 

Dull ache in breast

+1

I would probably see your surgeon to make sure everything is OK. It could be something as simple as a muscle strain, but could be something else.

Please see your surgeon

+1

You may have pulled a muscle, but you need to see your surgeon if not resolved by now. It does not seem to be a serious problem and your surgeon can examine you and make sure every thing is OK.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Ache in breast 8 years after implant

+1

I recommend that you see your plastic surgeon or doctor to examine you.  It is impossible to diagnose pain over the internet without a physical exam and knowing more about your age, medical history, etc.   There is a list of possibilities such as musculoskeletal pain, the breast capsule tearing or a problem with the implant, or even chest/cardiac pain.   Please see a doctor for evaluation rather than depend on the answers from an online site.

Michelle Spring, MD