After 2 C-sections, Are There Any Alternatives to Tummy Tuck for Flattening Belly?

I have had 2 c-sections. Am I able to lose my belly fat and flaten my stomach without a tummy tuck? I have had 2 c sections, the first one was December 2007 and the second one was January 2010

Tummy tuck after c-section

+1

You do have a separation of your muscles of the tummy which is a large part of a tummy tuck. Thermage may help with tightening some of the skin but I would save your money and get a tummy tuck to really help yourself. I am offering a temporary price reduction for all cosmetic surgery incxluding excellent financing. Watch my video!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Keepin' Tight!

+1

Certainly loosing fat around your abdomen with help improve your contour but the natural tendency of pregnancies to stretch the abdominal wall is more difficult to overcome.  The only way to improve the "stretch" would be with garments worn beneath your clothing.  If more long term correction is desired then a tummy tuck with tightening of the muscles is warranted.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

If you need a tummy tuck, you need a tummy tuck - no good alternatives

+1

There are no exercises that tighten skin that has been stretched from pregnancy or which pull muscles together after they have been separated, which appears to be the case with you. Do not allow yourself to get sold on "alternatives" especially laser lipo, which some are promoting for cases with skin laxity. The additional tightening is slight, and it does not correct the muscle problem. I am seeing more cases now where that was done instead of a tummy tuck and it can result in a very difficult problem to fix.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

A pregnancy stretches your tummy muscles and permanently splits them apart. No matter what diet you go on what brutal exercise program you engage in - it will not change anything. The only way to give you your Before Baby Body back is to put the muscles together and remove the excess skin. The Only solution is a Tummy Tuck. A lot of women spend billions of dollars doing otherwise trying other modalities. I have seen seen many such women in my practice. Save your money and educate yourself. When you are ready - pick a good Plastic surgeon (www.PlasticSurgery.org) and get the body you deserve with a Tummy tuck.

Flat belly without a tummy tuck?

+1

In your case, you have an extreme amount of muscle laxity so the only way you can have a flat tummy is to have a tummy tuck, not a mini either.  Muscle tightening will give you a firm, flat toned tummy and the extra skin is also removed.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS