How Often Do You Need to Keep Getting Butt Implants?

I want to get a butt injection or butt implants. Do you have to get them every few months or is it just a one time deal and you have a butt forever?

Long-term results with butt implants

+2

Butt implants can be performed successfully to create a beautiful augmentation and re-contouring. Once the butt implants are in place and you have successfully recovered, you do not need to get them replaced. Please be very careful with anybody that is offering you butt injections. Here in South Florida, we have commonly seen patients who have received injections by nonmedical people. They discovered only after their injection that they were in fact injected with nonmedical substances such as wax, industrial grade silicone that mechanics use, or even bathroom caulking. Today, there are many good options for butt augmentation. Make sure that you keep your health as your first priority by only working with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has great deal of experience in butt augmentation.

Butt implants don't usually wear out, but they tend to cause problems!

+1

Although Butt Implants are considered a permanent augmentation of your buttocks, there still can be problems that lead to needing to have them removed. Butt implants are known to have a very high complication rate. They can get infected frequently due to healing problems early after surgery, have large pockets of fluid build up around them (early or later), shift causing asymmetry, rotate, compress your sciatic nerve causing pain down your leg, develop capsular contractures and pain, as well as droop, feel unnatural and sometimes look very unnatural.

If you are considering Fat Grafting (The Brazililan Butt Lift), and are a good candidate for it, I would strongly recommend that procedure over Butt implants. I always counsel my butt Implants at great length as to the many possible complications before I proceed with that procedure. Two of three patients out of ten have to have their implants removed.
I have Never had any fat grafting patients lose all of their fat and have never had to repeat it because the patient was unhappy with their results. It is a MUCH safer procedure when done well.

Do your research!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Longevity of Butt (buttock) implants or fat graft injections.

+1

Buttock implants come in many shapes and sizes. Generally once you place them the implants last a long time. However, your body does not. This means that changes in your body shape and constittion may require a change, repositioning, or even removal of the implants. Occasionally implants may fail for a variety of reasons and need removal or replacement.

In regards to injections, I assume you mean fat and this may take more than one initial setting to acheive the degree of correction you seek. However, once you achieve this, the result is generally long lasting. In fact, weight gain may result in enlargement of the fat graft. Althernatively, weight loss may result in decrease in size of the grafts as well

Buttock Implants Longevity

+1

Unlike breast implants, buttock implants are made to be permanent because they are made of semi-solid soft silicone rubber not silicone gel.

On the other hand, it is not recommended to inject anything into the buttock for augmentation unless is it is your own fat.  Autologous fat transfer does work but most patients do not have enough fat for this procedure because about 60+% melts away after the first year.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD