Showering After Breast Augmentation?

My crease incision from breast augmentation will be closed with external nylon sutures. I have heard different stories as to the timing of suture removal, as well as showering. When can I shower if my incision is closed with nylon sutures?

Showering Following Breast Augmentation

Patients are eager to shower following any type of cosmetic surgery. We generally recommend that patients wait at least 24 to 48 hours following surgery to shower. At this point the wound edges have sealed.

Although it’s reasonable to shower one to two days following surgery, it’s important not to soak in a bath tub. This could ultimately cause infection and other complications.

Each surgeon has his own protocols. For this reason it’s important to discuss bathing with your surgeon before undertaking this activity.