Breast Augmentation Price: Is it Negotiable?

Is it rude or disrespectful to negotiate on the surgeons fees? Especially, when the prices vary so much from one surgeon to the next. You would think a doctor would be willing to negotiate a little, when weighed with the overall outcome of profit, the business he would gain and even the prospects of re-business he would have. I have been told by several that price is always negotiable, seeing many insurance companies and family health providers practicing these measures.

Breast Augmentation Prices: Do you REALLY want the plastic surgeon willing to discount their fees?

Breast Augmentation Discount
Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. In my practice, we do offer small professional price consideration to the following groups
1) Clergy- My father is a minister
2)Teachers - My mother-in-law was a teacher
3) Medical professionals - My mother was a nurse
4) Military - My father-in-law was a veteran
We offer these discounts as a way to honor my family and to show appreciation for people who serve our country and community. However, prices for surgery are not negotiable.

The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon