How Long After Receiving Rhinoplasty/septoplasty Can One Ingest Medical Marijuana Edibles?

I am healing from a rhinoplasty as well as a septoplasty, have a medical marijuana card and the vicodin doesn't seem to be helping with the pain that much. I am well aware of not smoking cannabis, but can I eat it instead to help with my pain relief?

Marijuana after Rhinoplasty

+1

I would ask your plastic surgeon about the pain control.  Maybe the pain medication could be altered to make you more comfortable.

Marijuana usage after Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty

+1

Dear Mallory,

I would suggest asking your surgeon this question. Since you have a prescription for usage and I am unaware of what the medical prescription was written for I would confer with your surgeon. If you receive clearance from your surgeon I would suggest making sure It is ingested in the proper dosage and not mixed with other post operative prescribed narcotics. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD