How to Correct Natural Polly Beak Deformity?

Hello, I need to know how to correct my natural Polly beak deformity. I'm 100% sure it is a Polly beak because it is round and literally looks like a parrots beak. I am very self conscious about it/side profile. I've read about possible steroids that can fix it, but since it's natural I'm not sure. The only solution I can think of is rhinoplasty, but I don't want to dramatically change the front view of my nose. Any advice on the first step? Also, what is the average cost of the suggested treatment?

Pollybeak Deformity Correction

+1

A rhinoplasty done closed can correct this problem in 10 minutes.  Steroids will not alter the underlying structure, which is causing the deformity.  This may cost $4000 to $10000.

Rhinoplasty to correct natural pollybeak deformity

+1

Cortisone shots will not help with the natural pollybeak deformity.  The natural pollybeak deformity is usually related to a combination of large tip cartilage and a high septum and upper lateral cartilages.  All of these components must be sculpted down during the rhinoplasty procedure.  Any filing of the bony hump will also need to be removed as well.  Please refer to the link below for before and after photos, patients 23, 36, 58, 59, 60, 64, and 71 are a few you may find helpful.  

Rhinoplasty for Beak Deformity

+1

A prominent hump on your nose that you are born with will not go away with steroids, so save your money.  A rhinoplasty is the answer.  If you like the way you look on frontal view than I would tell my surgeon this so that he/she can try to minimize changes to this view.  The costs of the surgery will vary widely depending upon what part of the country you are in, the surgeon you choose and whether or not you have the procedure performed in a hospital or in someone's office.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

The polly beak problem.

+1

A true polly beak typically consists of poor support of the nasal tip due to inadequate cartilage support or poorly positioned lower cartilages. This is likely not the only problem, though and treatment likely involves re-shaping the whole nose. Steroids are not indicated in the congenital, non-surgical polly beak. The goal is to create a balanced nose that has inherent harmony within itself and with your face. The cost of treatment, a rhinoplasty, depends on what correction is necessary and this can't be determined without a consultation but would run in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 thousand dollars in our area. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Correction of Natural Pollybeak Deformity

+1

A true pollybeak is caused by an elevation of the cartilage above your tip and/or inadequate tip projection. It is impossible to estimate the cost of treatment without knowing what should be done to correct the problem. It would necessary to have pictures or better yet a consultation with examination of your nose.

Polly beak deformity

+1

A polly beak deformity can only be corrected by rhinoplasty.  No other technqiue will correct this issue.

Polly beak. surgical correction

+1

most of the time the polly beak deformity is due to lack of cartilagineous support from the underlying tissue, so this require a surgical approach, thus a rhinoplasty, which has to be addressed following the patient profile and desires. so just tailored on your case ,which means no dramati changes.

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

Hi,

There are 2 types of pollybeak deformity 1) cartilagenous and 2) soft tissue. Most pollybeak deformities will need surgical correction. If its a very mild soft tissue pollybeak deformity, then steroid shots can sometimes work. See weblink below for further explanantion.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Pollybeak can be improved

+1

The first step is to determine the nature of the curve of your nose. It is due to underlying cartilage.  It may be due to scar tissue.  The underlying nasal septum must also be assessed.  After the precise cause is determined, surgery can be performed to correct this.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon