Wide and Flat Bridge After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I'm sandy I had rhinoplasty in korea with board certified plastic surgeon 5weeks ago. I'm not satisfied with the result. He did osteotomy, removing hump and tip plasty. But the result now make my nose very flat and wide from front view, I had high bridge before. My tip and columella area very round like ball. And I alr feel bone in my bridge when I thouch it. That's mean the swelling already went down. I'm considering revision, can you help me what should do?please help. thanks

5 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

I would not revise a nose at 5 weeks given the information provided and the photos posted.  I would wait at least 3 months to determine nasal bony width.

Wide fat bridge

+1

five -weeks - likely still swollen.  however i see what you are saying.  it does look wide/wider.  i would hold tight avoid revision until one year.  can you post update photos in an other two months please.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Wide and Flat Bridge After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Nicely posted photos. My guess would be a re osteotomy to narrow the bridge more. But over the internet very hard to advise in detail. 

5 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry that you are unhappy.  At five weeks the soft tissue will be very swollen, so the area most effected by the swelling would be the tip.  This will likely improve with time. As for th dorsum, if you think it is too low and flat you may need to be augmented, but I would wait at least six months to a  year.

Rhinoplasty concerns five weeks post surgery

+1

At just five weeks following a rhinoplasty, it is still much to early to determine the final outcome.  I agree with Drs. Kim and Hilinski, you need to allow more time for the swelling and scarring to subside.  This process can take at least six to twelve months, and you may be surprised at how much the shape of your nose improves over that time.  Check with your surgeon first, however, some light nasal compression exercises can help speed the process.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Wide, Flat Bridge Appearance Following Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

You are much too early to consider revision rhinoplasty at this point. Just because you feel what you think might be bone does not mean that the swelling has gone down. In fact, with the work you described being done to your nose, you certainly still have a moderate amount of swelling around the nose. Just be patient and give your nose adequate time to heal. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

At five weeks it is still too early to determine your final result

+1

At this point in your recovery, swelling is still covering the final shape of the nose.  Even if it feels like you can touch the bone one the bridge, there is still soft tissue swelling, especially at the the tip and just above.  Once 6-12 months have passed, if you are still displeased with the outcome, you can consider revision.  Augmentation of the bridge so it is higher but straight and establishing a soft triangular shape to the tip and base are common revision goals in my practice.  But you need to allow the nose to heal further before considering this.  Best of luck.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon