Can I Get Back my Old Nose? (photo)

September 2011 I was injured during a soccer game, having being elbowed on my nose's bridge. It resulted on a C-shaped nose, but not very aggressive, so I went to my surgeon and asked him simply to straighten my bridge. The result was catastrophic. I liked my nose's shape, and thistook all the expression from my face. You can clearly see that the bridge was destroyed, my nostrils are now showing up (as he clearly moved my tip up), and my tip is awkward. It has been 6 months now.

Restoring The Old Nose Back After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Based on your photos, considerable modifications and changes were performed on your nose as a whole specifically your nasal bridge and tip.

With that perspective, restoring your nose to the same exact shape it had prior your soccer accident is not possible but if you had photos (before your nasal trauma) showing good angles of your nose and with the help of digital morphing software as well as great communications with the surgeon, you will be able to have a nose that best fits your facial features restoring your facial expressions and leaving you happy with your nose.

I can see that you may be looking at spreaders and grafts to add volume and dimension to your nose keeping it looking "natural" and in harmony with your face.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Reversing prior rhinoplasty result

+1

I can see your concerns regarding your current rhinoplasty result. The photo montage you submitted is quite helpful in seeing what changes have occurred.

I don't think any surgeon can promise you your exact original nose back. However, I think that an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist can provide significant improvement to your nasal features. This would include building the bridge back up again and improving your tip rotation.

It is very important that you have a very clear and open communication with your surgeon to make sure that you are on the same page. I think that preoperative digital morphing can also help with this dialogue to make sure that you both have the same goals.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Restoring Old Nose

+1

You will not get back your old nose with a revision rhinoplasty but you certainly can change the undesirable features of your nose that you correctly critique. The key is to select a surgeon who is a specialist in revision rhinoplasty surgery.

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

You had a severe injury of the bridge and then surgery to straighten it. It is impossible to go back in time to what you had before the injury. Part of the problem may be that you asked your surgeon to simply straighten the bridge and it was not a good idea to do that. You will need revision surgery to get what you want and you need to be more aware of your options before going in to surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Can I Get Back my Old Nose?

+1

IMO, more was done than just straightening the nose.  The hump was removed, nasal bones narrowed, and the tip rotated.  Sadly, the old nose is gone..never to return.  The real question to ask IMHO is "how can you have something that you are happier with?"  

Get old nose back after injury

+1

The answer can one get it back the answer is sometimes depending on the injury. With good photos of what it was and what is desired a good revision doctor has a good chance to please you.I personally am a trained pertrait artist and understan even the most subtle change but I never promise anything.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Getting your old nose back

+1

I think that the main issue in your situation comes down to the communication between you and your surgeon. Clearly the bridge has been reduced. Only you and your surgeon know what you discussed at the time of your consultation. I think that reversing the results will be difficult.

Ronald Schuster, MD