Surgical Bra After Breast Augmentation is Too Tight

I had ba done 1 week ago. Surg. Bra is so tight it's hard to breath. I'm wearing a medium surgical bra given by my ps. It's so tight it's hard to breathe and talk. I have to speak in short sentences and the bra keeps cutting in to my skin till I bleed. My ps says it's normal to be tight. Is he right is this expected should I just go buy a special bra. It's set for the loosest fitting. It's more painful from the Velcro being so tight. Please help. I also had tt with lipo of I/o thighs and flanks at the same time as the ba. Thanks for your help

Get a better fitting bra

+1
Your compression bra should not be so tight that it makes it difficult for you to breathe or cut into your skin until you bleed. It should be snug and provide good support, but you should still be able to breathe. Please return to your surgeon and get a better fitting bra.

Surgical Bra Too Tight

+1

I don't believe tight surgical bras do anything but make it uncomfortable for the patient.  I would recommend you just take it off and wear a sports bra but you need to check with your PS

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

CALL YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON!

+1

These forums are intended for opinions or advice but not urgent medical information. I would call or page your surgeon ASAP emergently for concerns regarding shortness of breath or going to the Emergency Room. I would first remove the bra but not without the advice of your surgeon.