Surgical Bra After Breast Augmentation is Too Tight

I had ba done 1 week ago. Surg. Bra is so tight it's hard to breath. I'm wearing a medium surgical bra given by my ps. It's so tight it's hard to breathe and talk. I have to speak in short sentences and the bra keeps cutting in to my skin till I bleed. My ps says it's normal to be tight. Is he right is this expected should I just go buy a special bra. It's set for the loosest fitting. It's more painful from the Velcro being so tight. Please help. I also had tt with lipo of I/o thighs and flanks at the same time as the ba. Thanks for your help

Each surgeon has his or her guidelines for postoperative care. However, the bra should not be so tight that it prevents you from talking. Consult further with your surgeon as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.