Hematoma 12 Days After Breast Lift and Augmentation

36, non smoker. I had BL & BA w 350 cc gel round. PS used anchor incision. At day 6 post op PS told me light bruising was normal and I explained the right breast feels different and PS told me to give it till my 2 weeks. I called PS at 12 days as bruising and tightness is worse. Went to doctor on day 12 and was told it is a hematoma, and to do heat compressions to help absorb & hope for the best. Please review photos taken by hubby at 12 days at PS office with no bandage. Chest scar is a revision

Breast Surgery

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

Hematoma or bruising after breast implant augmentation surgery

+1

Although this may be a hematoma, it appears to be primarily bruising as the breast is not significantly larger than the other breast. Hematoma may occur in anywhere from 0.3-1% of cases and may be associated with hemophilia.

Remove Hematoma.

+1

Dear Angelia,

Hematoma after breast augmentation and/or lift can occur.  The best treatment for hematoma is removal of the hematoma surgically.  Retaining the hematoma can lead to infection and or capsular contracture. Revisit this with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Hematoma after breast aumentation and breast lift needs to be evacuated.

+1

Hi.

Based on the picture and on your story, you need a sonogram do make sure there is a hematoma (it looks like there is).  If you have a hematoma, you need an operation to remove it as quickly as possible. 

If it is not removed, the hematoma may drain out through the breast lift scar and expose the breast implant.  Even if you do heal, the risk of asymmetry and of a hard right implant is high.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)