Can the Supra-alar Crease Be Completely Erased? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty to fix a very botched first nose job. Whilst the surgeon did improve the appearance, I'm still disappointment with the result. The main thing I wanted to achieve was complete erasure of the supra-alar crease. The first 10 days after my rhinoplasty I was ecstatic because I had my dream nose. However when the swelling went down the crease reappeared. The photo imaging shows the removal of the supra-alar crease and decrease of the side wall. Could this result be achieved?

Alar crease

+2

It is possible to remove the supra alar crease completely but this will not give you a natural looking nose.  Most patients who are self-conscious about their nose, go around looking at other people's noses; the thing to remember here is noses look good in context to people's faces.  When looking at most noses, you will almost always see a supra alar crease.  Consult with your plastic surgeon and see if this would be a natural look for you.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can the Supra-alar Crease Be Completely Erased?

+1

There are a couple of maneuvers that could be utilized to help obliterate those areas, but doing this may not give the most natural result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA