Will Nose Skin Sag After Removal of Nasal Implants?

I got rhinoplasty around 4 months ago and I plan to remove it this summer which would be a total of 6 months of having the rhinoplasty. I used gore-tex and my own cartilage for the nose tip. After the surgery my nose become very high. I'm asian and typically we have flat noses but the doctor made my nose very high and i'm afraid that there might be stretched skin on my nose after the removal.

Is there a chance that there could be stretched skin?? Also does weight loss or weight gain contribute to this??

Nasal Skin After Implant Removal

+1

You should not have any problem with your nasal skin after implant removal. Although not common in Asian rhinoplasty, frequently primary surgery involves nasal reduction with good skin contraction post-operatively. Your weight will have no impact on the surgical results. As stated by numerous other physicians, seek an experienced revision specialist for your surgery.

Removing implants after rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose skin should shrink down to its original size after implant removal. I assume that you wanted some degree of augmentation before the surgery, and that the current implant is too high for you. You should consider placing a smaller implant so that the whole process would result in an overall improvement of your nose, rather than simply going back to the original shape.

Weight gain and weight loss has no impact on the shape of your nose.

Nasal skin shrinkage after rhinoplasty

+1

Your skin should come back down after removing the nasal implant. Sagging skin would be very unusual. Weight loss and gain do not affect the skin on the nose, as nasal skin shrinks very well. Good luck, /nsn.

Removal of nasal implants and skin shrinkage

+1

Given the relatively short time that they have been in place, it is unlikely that the implants have "stretched" your skin to any significant degree. Removing then may be difficult but your skin should likely shrink back without being loose.

Removal of Nasal Implants and Effect on Nasal Skin

+1

Hi 4606 anon,

Your nasal skin will redrape after your implant is removed. Weight loss will not effect your nose. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Nose skin will not sag after nasal implant removal

+1

Weight gain or loss does not affect the skin on your nose.  After the implant is removed, the skin will "re-drape" itself to fit your nose.  The issue of stretched skin that you are concerned about is not likely to occur. 

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Removal of Gortex implants

+1

Fortunately, the skin on the nose shrinks fairly well and your implant has not been in a long time. Most gortex can be slid out fairly readily unless it is perforated to allow tissue ingowth. Taping and splinting the nose might also help to improve the result. I agree with Dr Mayer that it is important to seek someone with a good deal of experience in primary and secondary rhinoplasty. I don't think weight loss will have any effect on the result.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Removal of gore-tex implant after rhinoplasty.

+1

This can be done and is not affected by your weight. You should see an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist since the removal of gore-tex can be quite difficult secondary to tissue growth into the implant.