What Does It Cost to Reduce Nasal Flare?

Does nasal flare reduction using ear cartilage work out cheaper then a rhinoplasty?

Alar base reduction

+1

This is typically referred to as an alar base reduction. Performing this procedure will cost anywhere from $5500 to $6500 depending on your needs. Please feel free to take a look at my website, where I have many before and after pictures, and examples of this procedure. There is a great alar base reduction demonstration on my youtube page as well. And feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. My information is listed in my profile. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Nasal Septal or Ear Cartilage Better for Alar Flare Correction?

+1

Hi Deppo,

You get what you pay for.  I would not try to use ear cartilage (weaker) instead of stronger nasal septal cartilage for alar grafting.  Save your shekels and do the job right, after all it is your nose, in the middle of your face, for the rest of your life, that can't be covered with clothing in most cultures.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Flare of nostrils

+1

Nostril flare can be caused by many things. To treat it really depends upon the etiology. This is performed as a rhinoplasty procedure and usually requires a cartilage graft or suturing techniques in some form.

Reducing nasal flare

+1

Decreasing the flare of the nostrils or reducing the size of the nostrils is typically performed in conjunction with a rhinoplasty. They can be done as an isolated procedure if all other areas of the nose are aesthetically balanced or if the patient desires. Costs can vary depending upon what needs to be done. That being said, rhinoplasties in our area is around 5500 US dollars. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Nasal Flare

+1

Ear cartilage grafts are used to change contour or increase structural support of the nose. Usually soft tissues are removed at the nasal base to decrease nasal flare or alar width. Rhinoplasty fees my vary depending on exactly what is necessary.

Rhinoplasty Prices

+1

The cost of rhinoplasty involves the surgeons fee, the anesthesia fee and the facility/hospital fee. Prices vary widely depending on the surgeon and the city/location. Rhinoplasty is not usually broken down al-a-carte, since the nose should be viewed a while - making a change in one part can affect other parts. Good luck with your procedure.

David Shafer, MD

Nasal flare reduction

+1

The general use of ear cartilage grafts is for augmentation of nasal structures that either need more support, or more projection in certain parts of the nose. 

Although cartilage grafts could work for strengthening of the alar rim (nostril), in general this would not reduce flare to a great degree.  Alar base reduction using incisions to remove skin from this area is more consistent for reduction of alar flare. 

You can see some examples on my website.

I hope this helps.

Behrooz Torkian, MD