Fat Transfer for Marionette Lines?

I have deep marionette lines and am considering Fat Transfer. What is the cost range?

Fat Transfer for Marionette Lines

+1
Restylane or Juvederm tend to more reliable and cost effective procedures for the marionette lines. Consult with three board certified plastic surgeons who are expert and experienced in fat transfer who are also master injectors.

The cost of fat transfer like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $1000 for fat transfer to the face. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Fat not the best choice for lines

+1

Fat can be injected into folds but it won’t last very long.  If you are interested in a long-term filer option you may want to consider ArteFill

Sam Naficy, MD

Fat transfer

+1

Physicians may peform fat injections by harvesting fat each session and performing this a few times in a year. Others harvest and store the fat and use thawed fat on repeat visits. The costs per treatment vary because of this. Each physician charges differently.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat transfer for marionette lines

+1

Please watch Dr. Lam's nice video discussion from a scientific meeting.  Realize that fat grafting is not for fine line correction but for deeper volume enhancemnt.  As such, some of the injectable fillers may really work better in this area.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Marionette Lines, a Difficult Area to Correct

+1

Hi Anonx,

I fully agree with Dr. Lam, a true pioneer and excellent fat transfer facial plastic surgeon. I have been recently very impressed with the results of Sculptra (when properly used) in the lower lateral chin area. Again, the filler is used as a volume contouring agent, not as a line filler.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fat Transfer for Lines won't Work in my opinion

+1

Hi,

thanks for the question. i do a fat transfer about every other day and have written 2 books on the subject. i know a ton of surgeons do fat for marionette lines but they fail consistently in my opinion. fat is intended to cover bone and soften facial transitions so that people look a ton better but fat is too soft to augment lines with any certainty of a durable result. i know my answer goes against the grain but i truly believe that fat is not the best option for those lines. plus if you overfill those lines, you can have a bulgy result. fat actually is a real graft and can grow and shape over time. that is why when i do fat, i blend it into all the facial zones that require it so that the long-term result is safe.

here is a video on the subject that i just gave 2 weeks ago in San Diego at the annual American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery. I gave 2 lectures on fat transfer and was course director for a fat course there too.

best,

sml

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon