How Long Does Fat Grafting to Upper Eyelids Last?

What is the cost of a Fat grafting for hollow upper eyelids? How long the result would last?

Fat that survives after 3 months is usually (not always) permanent

+1

40-60 % of grafted fat should survive transplantation to the upper eyelid-which is a "priveledged site" for fatr transplantation.

In my opinion, there is a significant difference between fat injection--referred to as fat transfer--through a needle, and composite fat grafting, in which a whole piece of fat is transplanted surgically under direct vision.

In my experience, (not a scientifically proven study), composite surgical grafting rarely requires a second procedure as is so common with fat injection.

Permanent but can require multiple treatments

+1

Fat transfer is generally thought to be permanent. Recent studies published in the January issue of Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery indicate that 50-60% of fat transferred to the face exists at 18 months. Therefore, it may take 1-2 treatments to get desired results.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Survival of fat grafts to upper eyelids.

+1

There are no adequate studies to support any definitive answers in this regard. This can vary tremendously. In my own personal experience this can last many years (more than 10).