Fat Transfer for an Indented Scar?

I recently have had a Radiesse filler in my indented chicken pox scar but the filler has gone away in 2 months. I was wondering if a fat transfer was an option for me since my scar is really small. Thank you!

Fat transfer for indented scar

+2

The likely reason why the Radiesse did not work was that the injector did not cut the scar bands indenting the scar. They look and act like the cords of a parachute. Without cutting them, the filler cannot lift up the depressed scar. The medical term is SUBCISION.

I would try it again with any filler (try Restylane or Juvederm) after complete undermining and division of the scar bands and see if it works. If it does not , then I would go to an ASPS Plastic surgeon to excise the scar. You will end up with a short vertical scar with no indentation.

I hope this was helpful.

Indented Scar

+2

Since this scar is small yo may want to inquire about direct excision and closure of this indented scar.  This will leave you with a very fine line but it should be even and less noticeable without makeup, and probably unnoticeable with makeup.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to a pox scar

+2

It is unlikely that fat transfer could adequately and sufficently correct this chicken pox scar in an predictable fashion. It is an extremely small "target" for the fat to accureately lift.