I'm Just 18 and I'm Losing my Hair. Advise Me with Something Good I Can Do to my Hair.

I can even see the skin of my head because of the lost of hair. What can I do, before I lose all of my hair?

Treatment for Hair Loss at a Young Age

+1

The first thing you need to do is consult a physician. Depending on whether you are male or female, hair loss may be totally normal at your age, with the onset of pattern baldness. Pattern baldness is a genetic condition, but can be exacerbated by excessive stress, poor blood circulation, poor diet, pregnancy (in the case of women), drug use, illness, thyroid issues, etc. You need to consult your doctor to find out the cause of your hair loss, and from there, you will likely be able to obtain a solution.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Losing Your Hair at Age 18

+1

The best thing that you can do is see a dermatologist to evaluate the cause of the hair loss. There are many causes of hair loss other than male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia), and a dermatologist is an expert in diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Whether the cause is hormonal, nutritional, blood related, etc or androgenetic alopecia, the doctor should be able to give you some medical options to help with your hair loss.

Andrew Kaufman, MD