I have traction alopecia will I be able to grow my hair back?

I have traction alopecia it's been that way for years and I'm now just deciding to do something about it) will I be able to regrow my hair an undamage my hair follicles?

Traction alopecia

If you dont touch and damage them routinelly undamage my hair follicles are able to regrow again . But ıf hair follicles had a persistant damage by pulling force, you have to get a hair restoration surgery to get them back .

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Traction Alopecia

It's possible to repair follicles damaged within the past several weeks or sometimes even months, but if the hair has been gone for a year or more there's virtually no chance of it coming back. To get hair back in those areas you need a hair transplant.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Traction alopecia

Traction alopecia usually causes the follicles to come out and therefore they will not grow back. If you have had it for a long time then the chances are the hairs wint grow back. If you want to replave the lost hair you need to do hair restoration surgery and consult with a hairtransplant specialist. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Understanding Hair loss and hair loss treatment options: hair transplant, prp and progesterone

This requires an in-person evaluation. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert now to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like prp/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

After years of no growth from traction alopecia it is unlikely that the follicles can be salvaged.  A hair transplant may be your best option.

Karl Hekimian, MD

Traction alopecia

If the traction alopecia has been present for over a year, I doubt you will grow it back. Hair transplants work nicely for this condition

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Long standing traction

You'll want to see a hair specialist to review. Generally speaking, long standing traction alopecia is usually not regrowable to any significant extent; the only treatment in most cases of long standing traction alopecia is hair transplant surgery.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Vancouver Dermatologist