Damaged hair grafts. What are the signs? (Photo)

I recently had a hair transplant in Izmir, after two weeks arriving back to England I sat out in the direct sun for three hours, my scalp had turned red. Have I damaged my hair grafts, what are the signs ?

Damaged hair grafts

İt is a normal sun burn/redness and does not effect the grfats .So sitting out in the direct sun for three hours does not damages your hair grafts at all.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

FUE and sun exposure

It is best to avoid prolonged direct sun exposure to your scalp after a hair transplant.We send our patients home with a cap and specific instructions to wear a cap and/or apply sun block spray SPF 30 or greater every 2 hrs while out in the sun during the first 6 months.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Direct sun exposure is not generally recommended after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to check

Direct sun exposure is not generally recommended after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to check with your doctor for a recheck.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Damaged hair grafts. What are the signs?

Thank you for posting your question. At this stage there is no way to find out if the implanted grafts have been damaged. You should avoid any long-term exposure to the sun prior to your 6 months mark. Normal exposure if perfectly fine, but do not sunbathe. Hope this helps.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

In sun for 3 hours 2 weeks after hair transplant

You probably got a sunburn and most likely did not damage any of the hairs in the grafts that are on your head.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon